Friday, September 23, 2011

Why does my car temp gauge jump to the halfway point as soon as I start it?

I have a 2005 hyundai elantra. When I cold start it, the temp gauge jumps to the optimal temp on the temp gauge.(the halfway point) It didn't do this until I changed the thermostat.
Why does my car temp gauge jump to the halfway point as soon as I start it?
you put your thermostat in backwards
Why does my car temp gauge jump to the halfway point as soon as I start it?
Water temp.gauge is fluctuating/malfunction due to loose connection. water temp.gauge taking signal from water temp.sensor (single pin)this sensor is made of thermistor and the output resistance is varying if water temp.is change,,so if there is corrosion or loose connection in the terminal the resistance output is high or if short to ground your meter guage showing up..make sure the sensor terminal is free of corrosion %26amp; no loose connection also the engine ground %26amp; body ground,.