Friday, September 23, 2011

My car is driving me into the poor house!!!!?

I have tried everything but my car keeps overheating! I have had the thermostat changed, replaced the radiator, and got a new water pump all to no avail. Now I am being told that it is probably the heater core and that is going to cost about $600. Does that sound about right or should I just take a sledgehammer to my car and be done with it?
My car is driving me into the poor house!!!!?
Get a second opinion.
My car is driving me into the poor house!!!!?
sounds to me like your mechanic might be taking you for a ride. try a second opinion. and the cost of replacing your heater core can vary...what kind of car is it? a good mechanic should be able to find the problem with your car overheating...i might be able to tell you but i need more details. i'd try a different mechanic maybe.
A bad head gasket will also cause an over heating problem...
SELL the problematic car! Maintain the house instead.
Sounds to me you've got a faultive cylinder head....used to have that same problem in the past...might be also as well the tubing leaking?



But instead of taking a sledgehammer, I would rather try to replace the car...
bad head gasket cracked head or cracked engine block or warped one of the 2 have it checked out
you could bypass the heater core altogether and get a second opionif you bypass the heater core you can drive it till winter hits and if it is the heater core leaking water under your car or in the floor board!!
Another possible answer that could cause the problem- bad head gasket. Please get a second opinion from a different auto repair technician.



There is not much left to replace with all you have done so far. I think your best bet is to get a different opinion.



Good Luck.
Hmmm.-Sounds like your car would make a good planter for the side yard of your home. Better buy a new one while you're still sane enough to decide whether geraniums or petunias look better in the old one!
hope you already 've checked the engine oil level....coz one of the jobs for oil is the cooling of engine as well.............

so goodluck
it could be cracked head, block, warped head or block, heater core, fan not working properly, something blocing the airflow like grass over the air conditioner condenser(exaple) its very hard to tell without seeing the car or knowing what it is , also ive had it happen to me befor ive bought parts that werent good ive put water pumps on that had bearings out , starters that lasted about a weak (thanks Autozone) but its very hard without actually seeing it
my sister's 92 honda civic was overheating for 3 weeks on and off and we just figure out the problem, there were 2 hoses that had cracks in them causing little leaks that would overheat the car. $35 for check up and $40 for 2 hoses replaced.
is the passenger side floor carpet wet?..do u see smoke comin from the vents? do u get a headache when u drive ur car ? heater core could be shot...check oil too and coolant temperture senor
  • server
  • columnheader
  •