Friday, September 23, 2011

Why does my car overheat off and on??

The fan works OK, had the system flushed, thermostat changed, no leaks, heater works - but the car overheats and the radiator is still cold???? '95 Buick Skylark 2.2 DOHC
Why does my car overheat off and on??
you may have air in the cooling system!
Why does my car overheat off and on??
You need a new thermostat its sticking
water pump might be screwed.
you need to have a pressure test of the system, there has to be a leak somewhere
colapsed lower hose, thermostat backwards or stuck, rad plugged, water pump bad?
ARE YOUR HEADS WARPED. I HAVE A 1996 CHEVY LUMINA I GOT FROM A BUY HERE PAY HERE PLACE CALLED ROYCE MOTORS AND IT DID THE SAME THING AND THE HEADS WERE WARPED IT COST ME $1,100 TO FIX IT CUZ THEY DENYED SELLING ME A LIMEN.MY CAR FINE NOW LIKE NEW JUST HAVE IT CHECKED OUT BEFORE IT GET WORSE. JUST CUZ ITS NOT SPITTING ANIT-FREEZE DONT MEAN THEY AINT WARPED I NEVER LOST ANY EITHER AND MY RADIATOR STAYED COLD TO.
try the thermostat again and get the air out
  • migrating existing portal
  • msdn
  •