Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I own a 2000 impala. my car keeps overheating. I have changes the pump, thermostat and flushed radiator.?

Cooling fans?



Head gasket?
I own a 2000 impala. my car keeps overheating. I have changes the pump, thermostat and flushed radiator.?
make sure all the air is purged from the system.remove the radiator cap,.run the car with heater on hot with the fan on high.let run till air is purged and the fans under the hood have cycled.you should also have a little purge valve on the top of the motor at the top hose,its a 10mm bolt.loosen it till just antifreeze comes out.
I own a 2000 impala. my car keeps overheating. I have changes the pump, thermostat and flushed radiator.?
it could be one of 4 things.



the cheapest and easiest on to check is the thermostat, it could be defective or even have been put in backwards.



OR



you could have a vapor lock in the engine, did you check the water in it after the work was done and it over heated?



OR



you could have a warped, cracked or blown head or head gasket.



OR



the radiator can be bad or blocked.