Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My car (1994 lexus es300) overhieating after i change the radiator,thermostat please let me know thank you?

Air pockets in engine block.Fill coolant at cap on top of the engine,not only in the reservoir.
My car (1994 lexus es300) overhieating after i change the radiator,thermostat please let me know thank you?
you may have installed the thermostat up side down,it may be the wrong thermostat,the spring part of the thermostat should be down, you may have lost to much coolant,add more coolant
My car (1994 lexus es300) overhieating after i change the radiator,thermostat please let me know thank you?
When you fill the radiator, you still could have an air pocket but usually it will overheat only at idle. If you think it is, wait until engine is cold or cooled down and fill the radiator directly (not the plastic reservoir) and with the engine running until it is topped off. Then fill the plastic reservoir to the Hot max level.

If it isn't the above problem, then your water pump could be defective. Or the drive belt is loose or broken. When a water pump goes bad alot of times you will hear the bearing grinding type of noise.

My question is why did you change the radiator? Was it leaking?

Anyways good luck