Friday, September 23, 2011

Why my car take along time to reach normal operating temperature I could drive for a long time and the temp?

gauge wouldnt even reach the M on Norm. I notice on my other cars the gauge hand will go to the middle real quick. what could be the problem I have a 1989 ford thunderbird 3.8 v6. I just change the thermostat 2 days ago and radiator about two weeks ago
Why my car take along time to reach normal operating temperature I could drive for a long time and the temp?
If you just changed the thermostat a few days ago you could still have air in the system and need to bleed it out , if you dont you could blow up your engine by over heating it. There should be a bleed valve by the thermostat housing. Your right most fords run between the R and M on the gauge.
Why my car take along time to reach normal operating temperature I could drive for a long time and the temp?
Quality thermostat and be sure air is all bled from system
what temperature thermostat did you put in? it should be at least a 195 degree.
maybe it is heating up to operating temp and the gauge is just whack. do you get warm air from the heater?
  • face nail siding
  • transfering contacts
  •