Friday, September 23, 2011

I changed my water pump thermostat and all my rad hoses but the car still runs over 200 degrees?

its a 95 buick riviera sc with a series 1 motor
I changed my water pump thermostat and all my rad hoses but the car still runs over 200 degrees?
That car has a 195 thermostat and is suppose to run about 210 degrees.

If it is running hot, 14 years is pretty old for a radiator. It could be mostly clogged.
I changed my water pump thermostat and all my rad hoses but the car still runs over 200 degrees?
I'd look into getting a new radiator.
headgasket
what temp thermostat did you put in it .you could have a 220 thermostat if so its not gonna open till the engine gets that hot wich is no problem...... how hot dos it get???????
you might have to flush out the cooling system and check the radiator cap. also make sure it,s circulating good in the radiator. your car should take the same temperature thermostat as my oldsmobile, 195 degree is what it takes. if you put too hight of 1 in then it,s going to get too hot before it opens.
well where to start....does the electric engine fan work? whats the condition of the radiator? When the engine is hot, do you have heat thru the ventsin the cab? What temp thermostat did you use? i believe in those cars its a 180 thermostat. Those things need to be checked.