Friday, September 23, 2011

My car has warm air at idle but not when I am driving?

I have a olds bravada. I had changed leaking gaskets. This has fixed my leak but here is the problem I have heat when it is sitting running but when I drive it I have no heat. I also changed the thermostat about 4 months ago?
My car has warm air at idle but not when I am driving?
Please check the fan for broken fuse, not working, dirty, or weak. Logically, when driving you will get wind from front, and it colling your radiator. While when idle no wind moving to you, even smoke from others will the radiator receive and make it hotter. Turn on the olds bravada, and see is the fan turn on? If its not, use a screwdrive to give a bit hit to it and see happen, if the fan turning then it just stop caused by dirt. The other symphton, replace the fuse or f an. Some scary imagination, is your coolant circulating normally? I'm scare that part of the sealant from the new gasket got jamming the circulation way. Or probably there is an air trapped inside.
My car has warm air at idle but not when I am driving?
Check the radiator when cold - to see if it is full - NOT the overflow tank



Air in the system will reduce circulation considerably when the unit is over idle.



Add only a mix of 50/50 coolant.
  • hair bands
  • how to communicate with your spouse
  •