Friday, September 23, 2011

My heater in my car won't work , please help?

ok I have a 1996 Nissan sentra , my heater blows cold air , it doesn't link any water in or out the car, I change the thermostats yet it still doesn't work , Please help ,
My heater in my car won't work , please help?
It could be the heater controls. Most cars in 96 had a cable type control some had the vacuum control. When you move the heat from hot to cold is it easy to move or have some Resistance? If easy then the cable may have fell off or broke. There is also a heater valve on the heater core that this cable goes to. If it is stuck on cold, because the cable problem, the heater hoses on the fire wall will be 1 hot %26amp; one cold. This does not mean the heater core is plugged just the valve is not open. I wish I could do more for you online but its the best I can do from here, Good Luck! As far as the heater blending problem listed on the above answer this would only direct the HOT air to feet, face, or defrost, but it would still be hot air.
My heater in my car won't work , please help?
From what you have said it sounds like the heater core may be plugged. remember if that is the Original heater core and you have not changed the coolant in a while it could be plugged. If you nave the time have it checked and also have your Radiator checked to see if it is starting to clog up also. 13 years is a long time. have them checked just to be on the safe side
With the engine real hot and the heater on high heat, feel of the two black heater hoses that connect to the heater core (under your dash) at the passenger side firewall. They should be equally hot. If one's much colder, the hot engine coolant isn't flowing through the heater core and you probably need a new heater core because yours is plugged up. If both hoses are hot, then you've got a blower or air blend door problem under the dash assuming your engine coolant is running at 200 degrees Fahrenheit at the thermostat and there's no air trapped in your cooling system from a recent coolant change etc.
It sounds like you may have a bad heater core or something is restricting coolant from going through it.