Friday, September 23, 2011

Thermostat for my car?! Urgent!?

I was driving to my job and my car over heat it! I took it to the mechanic and they told me that I need it a thermostat... they told me it was expensive. but I cant find it! please help with a website who sells them and tell me what kind of thermostat I need...

Is each time i try to drive it gets overheat it...I already changed the radiator too...

Thanks.
Thermostat for my car?! Urgent!?
Thermostats are cheap but labor isn't. It is easy to fix with minimal tools, Go to the auto Parts store and have them look up your car part and get some gasket sealer. Ask for the type that fails in the open position.

Follow the top radiator hose down to engine and the thermostat is under the hose fitting, 2 bolts and it's off. It can be done with a screwdriver and crescent wrench but a ratchet and socket ( 3/8, 7/16, 12mm or 13mm)is better. Scrape off all of the old gasket.

Good luck.
Thermostat for my car?! Urgent!?
DO you really thnk all cars are the SAME?!?!?! What kind of car is this. Year, make, model, engine size, country of origin??? MORE INFO NEEDED. You might just need a cooling fan switch. This is the most common cause of over-heating, as well as debris between the radiator and the A/C condenser. Also, you must use the right type of coolant. Please, don't keep it a secret!!! What kind of car is this?!?!?!
Auto Zone, Advance Auto, O'Riley's are good stores with websites. Just put in the info for your vehicle and it will give you pictures and prices for the area you live in. You'll have to enter your zip code too.

Thermostats aren't expensive. The labor might be depending on how many other parts they would have to remove to get to it. If the mechanic that changed your radiator is the one saying you need a new thermo, then I would take it to someone else to work on since he must have changed out your radiator when the problem was the thermo.