Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I can't start my car, and the "check engine" light is on.?

All the oils and the battery are ok. I changed thermostat, but still can't start the car.
I can't start my car, and the %26quot;check engine%26quot; light is on.?
is it turning over? or doing nothing?
I can't start my car, and the %26quot;check engine%26quot; light is on.?
Model?

Make ?

Year ?

Does it crank?

Does it click?

Does it do nothing at all?

If it won't start, the check engine light will stay on. That is normal.

Why did you change a thermostat to correct a no-start problem?

Input.

Need input.

No.5 needs input Stephanie.
If the motor turns over,try checking to see if it`s getting fuel to the carberator or injecters[depending what kind of car it is]I don`t know what a thermostat would have to do with this problem.
check the engine ,the water ,the oil ,the lights
Why did you change the thremostat? Something had to make you think it was bad. What made you think it was bad? Your check engine light is suposed to be on, if you cannot get it started, it is not running, and when the key is on the %26quot;On%26quot; position, didn't you know the check engine light is suposed to be on?