Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why is my car over heating?

I have an 86 Nissan Maximan and it started heating up out of the blue. There are no leaks coming from the radiator and we changed the thermostat. I don't believe there are any ripped hoses.
Why is my car over heating?
Check the following

1. low level of coolant

2. bad radiator cap

3. water pump malfunctioning

4. clog radiator

5. fan not working properly

Hope this helps!
Why is my car over heating?
check your coolant level
Take a close look at the radiator. Check for missing fins between the coolant lines. My pickup had many fins missing and needed a recored radiator. Turn on the heater inside the car and it may help keeping the engine cooled down.
Might be the water pump is going out, or a faulty temperature sender in your engine block, or the radiator needs rodding out.
check coolant level fisrt,if the car is heating up while driving it could be bad sending unit or even gauge issue,if it only happens sitting still check the cooling fans and make sure they are operating properly