Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I need to know why my heat in my car comes and goes?

from what i know about cars you can find the root by elimnation not water pump cause its not overheating not heater core cause theres no anti freeze in or leaking around the car so that leaves me to think its the thermostat and i just changed it i must at though after changing thermost it the heat didnt start right away really need help the car is a 94 caddy sls norstar engine
I need to know why my heat in my car comes and goes?
check fluid level when cool
I need to know why my heat in my car comes and goes?
The heat doesn't start right away because that car has automatic climate control. If you have the temp control set at 70, the heat won't turn on until it can put out air that is at least that warm, which on a cold morning can take a couple of minutes. All cars with auto climate control behave this way.



The heat will %26quot;come and go%26quot; based on what the temperature is set for and what it actually is in the car - just like it does in a house/apartment with forced hot air heat.



If you want the air sooner, you can get around it by using defrost mode instead of the automatic mode, that will turn on right away, but it sounds to me like it's working properly.



Hope this helps.
Do you hear a damper (otherwise known as a mode door) noise? Maybe the damper (mode door) is opening and closing as if you are turning on and off the Heat.,...which could be a bad control head