Thursday, October 6, 2011

Where is my 2005 chevy malibu thermostat located?

my malibu is not blowing hot air to defrost or heat the car.my dad tinkers on cars but ofcourse the newer ones are made to make sure the average guy cant work them. the car is an 2005 with a v6 in it.

its is worth my dad's trouble to worry with it once he figures out where the thermostat is to change it or should i take it to the garage?




Where is my 2005 chevy malibu thermostat located?
If you have a 2.2 L61 engine it is the at thermostat housing to water pump feed pipe. Remove the thermostat housing to water pump feed pipe. Remove the thermostat and retaining sleeve, noting orientation for installation.

If you have the 3.5 LX9 engine, Remove the air cleaner intake duct, it is located under it and attached to the upper Radiator hose.
Where is my 2005 chevy malibu thermostat located?
Follow the upper radiator hose away from the radiator. The thermostat

housing is at the end of the hose. It is under the throttle body. It is not fun to do as there is not much room to get to the lower bolt. It might be easier to take it to a shop it should not cost much.