Thursday, October 6, 2011

heater is not working on my 1998 Ford Taurus?

I have very little heat in my car so I changed the thermostat and changed the rad bottle due to leak. I got a rad flush done on it and I also changed the water pump. Yet I still get like very little warmth in the car. I do not have any leaks. Is there anything anyone can suggest what else I can do. Thanks.
heater is not working on my 1998 Ford Taurus?
you should check into the heater core.
heater is not working on my 1998 Ford Taurus?
check your house routing and condition. check your coolant strength. make sure the thermostat was installed right. and make sure your heater core and air filters aint clogged
Get a holden imo
it could be a number of things...if you changed the t-stat, i would be most inclined to think that you may have a air bubble in the cooling system, a taurus is not the easyist car to get the air pockets out of after such a change.but also the heater core is located rather low so they are somewhat prone to%26quot;stuff%26quot; settling in the core this can cause a lack of coolant flow through it , thus no heat transfer.. what color was the coolant some of these cars end up with a brown mud like substance in the system.. try putting a flushing tee in just above the heater core and see what type of crap you can flush out.i have 2 tauruses myself and have had simaler issues after changing a t-stat
CHECK THE LEVEL OF COOLANT FIRST,ALSO IF THE FINS ON THE HEATER CORE ARE PLUGGED NO AIR IS ABLE TO PASS THRU THE HEATER CORE IT WILL JUST GO AROUND IT AND YOU WILL GET A SMALL AMOUNT OF HEAT IF ANY,ALSO THE CORE COULD BE PLUGGED ON THE INSIDE AND IT IS NOT FLOWING THE COOLANT LIKE IT SHOULD