Thursday, October 6, 2011

Why is my car emitting white smoke?

I just asked a similar question, but realize it's white and I just had my thermostat changed and new coolant put in, so why would it be burning?
Why is my car emitting white smoke?
Coolant is entering the combustion cycle. Most common would be a blown or leaking head gasket. There is a simple chemical test of your cooling system to see if combustion gases are mixing in. Have a knowledgeable mechanic check it out for you.
Why is my car emitting white smoke?
if your car over heated and thats the reason for the thermostat replacement then you may have a blown head gasket or a cracked head. the smoke you see is water vapor you are getting coolant on top of your pistons
white smoke anywhere indicates burning coolant... maybe as simple as an intake manifold gasket or cylinder head gasket or worse a cracked cylider head... what kind of car?
you probably have a head gasket leaking.
To my experice hte answers before me, most that they are right you have a blwn head gasket or damaged intake gasket or worse a craked cylinder; if your car is still worth it is recomendable that you take to an honest mechanic, the dealer is to expensive; if you continue running it more damage will result.