Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I think my car is overheating?

Hi , I currently own a 99 Cadillac sts , and had a leak in one if the lower rad hoses about 3 months ago. I've since replaced the leaking hose but since the leak my thermostat goes above half in traffic when idling and cold air comes out. While driving it's ok? I would think it's the thermostat? The fluid level is ok, is it easy for a handy guy to change the thermostat myself if this is the cause?
I think my car is overheating?
If you put in a lower hose and didn't install the spring that keeps it open it could be collapsing from pump suction when it gets hot.

Above half is normal for a temp gauge.
I think my car is overheating?
I'd try to bleed the air that might have entered the system and tends to go to the highest points. It interferes with the coolant circulation causing overheating.