Thursday, October 6, 2011

I had my car looked at by a mobile mechanic, and now it is ALL messed up! What should I do?

Hi, over a week ago (07/03/2007) I had a %26quot;Mobile Mechanic%26quot; by the name of Ben Harp come to my house and change the head gaskets and check the heads on my 92' Jeep Cherokee Laredo. After he was done and left I drove my car and it sounded and felt horrible. I called him back the next day (07/04/2007) and he said he'd come take a look at it on Friday. Well, he never called back and wouldn't answer my calls. I have the receipt and a copy of the check we gave him. I paid him $465.85 to change the head gasket, and the thermostat. Before he did this the car drove fine, but there was oil in the coolant (meaning a blown head gasket). But now the following things are wrong.

- Very rough start up

- Idle drops very low

- Loss of horsepower

- Knocking noise from the engine

- Knocking noise from the exhaust

- Shifting is off

- A few bolts are missing

- Thermostat gauge doesn't work

Should I get an attorney right away? Legally, what would you do in this situation?
I had my car looked at by a mobile mechanic, and now it is ALL messed up! What should I do?
Do you really think that clown willhave assets you could sue him for? You got cheap and now you're paying for it. Go to a real mechanic and don't throw any more money away on crooks, including attorneys.
I had my car looked at by a mobile mechanic, and now it is ALL messed up! What should I do?
i would get an attorney or i would also take it to a REAL ASE CERTIFIED MECHANIC to work on and send him the bill because it is his fault
i would tell him you are gonna take legal action for sure. and he definately over charged you. can you stop payment on the check? i had a simular issue with my old car and the engine blew up. i would take action asap! also, is he a real mechanic? you can report him to the better business buero. it takes a few weeks but they try to help resolve the issue if he is registered through them. good luck
stop payment on that check, until the problems are fixed. Yes, legal council ought to be retained
TAKE IT BACK GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO BE HONORABLE THIS HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER WE TOOK THE CAR BACK THEY FIXED IT